What is RecallChek?
RecallChek is a service that Champion Inspect provides all its clients. RecallChek has put together a list of over 205 million products that have recall notices associated with them. If any of these products contains a dangerous flaw or defect, the manufacturer must recall them and correct the issue with no charge to the owner. RecallChek informs the owner of the potential hazard and how to resolve it in a quick and efficient manner.
Since 1974, American citizens have been protected from dangerous items in their homes by federal law. Congress prescribed a system whereby if a manufacturer designed a dangerous product, they MUST recall all those items and FIX THEM FOR FREE!
The problem in the law is that most often it's up to the consumer, to find out whether appliances are potential fire or safety hazards!
There is a database designed and managed by the government, but you would have to wade through 195 MILLION recalled items to find out if a dishwasher or air conditioner is a hazard to your clients family.
THE RecallChek PROCESS
Making America's Homes Safer One appliance at a time . .
How it works:
* Appliance data for a property is submitted to RecallChek through a number of means depending on which is most appropriate.
* At RecallChek Headquarters, your manufacturers and model numbers are computer matched against MILLIONS of recalls using our Model Number Algorithm (MNA).
* RecallChek will then hand-check the report, to eliminate wrong numbers from worn plates and ID cards, and other problems.
* In the event of a potential recall, RecallChek issues a report including
The nature of the recall,
Where the product was sold,
How to remedy the defect, and
How to get the item repaired / replaced in most cases - absolutely FREE
RecallTrak is a lifetime service you receive with your Champion home inspection. Along with this, you’ll receive a monthly newsletter emailed to you. It contains any recall notices on appliances you own as well as helpful maintenance tips.
If you replace or add appliances, you can add the new model number(s) to your service and they, also, will be included in your RecallTrak updates.
* Included with Every Inspection